Lux
My last memories of Zimbabwe were not so good. I remember the shortages of most basic food like bread, sugar, salt and rice. I remember the shopping trips to Francis Town and the anxiety on the return trip and going through Customs. What an ordeal that was.
Driving on the city streets was quite a feat, trying to miss the pothole and not always succeeding. Somebody called them bathholes and not potholes. Well from what I hear the basic foods are now available but, at what cost? You have to pay in either in S.A. rands or U.S. dollars.
Power outages are more frequent now. Can you imagine living in a high rise building and have to walk up those stairs after a hard days work?
My brother-in-law needed to renew his Car Licence but the Post Office had run out of the licences for that particular month period and was told to check every 3 days or so.
Makes me love being here in the U.S.A.
0 Responses